Home » Posts tagged 'einstein'
Tag Archives: einstein
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
Our group is made up of parents of children who are dyslexic. We are not experts, nor are we a business or educational organization. We can only offer other parents the benefit of our collective experiences. We encourage parents to meet with their local policy-makers to tell the story of their child, and ask for policies and/or legislation to identify and support dyslexic children in our public schools.
We are advocating for Alabama to implement:
• A universal definition and understanding of “dyslexia” in the state education code
• Mandatory teacher training on dyslexia, its warning signs and appropriate intervention strategies
• Mandatory early screening tests for dyslexia
• Mandatory dyslexia remediation programs, which can be accessed by both general and special education populations
• Access to appropriate “assistive technologies” in the public school setting for students with dyslexia